Tuesday 31 January 2006

Peace is more precious than diamonds....

Coretta Scott King, Martin Luther King Jr.'s widow passed away today. I was doing a little research for the library bulletin board for Black History Month, which is the month of February, and I could not ignore Martin Luther King's place in black history. I included some of Dr. King's " I have a dream" speech as part of my display. I read the speech in it's entirety, along with his acceptance speech for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964. He states, "peace is more precious than diamonds or gold or silver". His message is just as powerful today as it was over 40 years ago. We are still striving for world peace. Thank you, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., for giving us such beautiful words and ideas to read and say and think upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from